The technological advancements achieved through the internet, breakthroughs by vendors to market and deliver products and services in real time all contributed to making RIM one of the core components of the IMS (Infrastructure Management Industry), which helped it achieve its metamorphosis into an over 524 billion dollar industry. Hiring remote administration services for managing IT infrastructure from low cost locations is today an established trend.
The applications of RIM (Remote Infrastructure Management) are being implemented extensively in a wide range of industries today. It all comes down to adding value to your IT system.
Why it’s in Demand
- Over the past decade, service management has had a strong hold on the technology sector globally
- The fact that 85% of infrastructure components are remotely manageable
- The IT industry revenues crossed the 3.7 trillion dollar mark in 2016.
- It’s projected that at least 60% of vendors operating in the IT sector will be offering their managed services by the end of this year.
- The hardware-software-IT services component has been attributed with 59% market stake of the global IT industry.
- Increased funding for research on more advanced technology
- A rising number of talented IT professionals coming in to specialize in RIM
- Development of sophisticated high end software to enhance RIM efficiency
- Vendors becoming more open to providing control over their architecture and technology
- Measurable quality of service through thoroughly defined service level agreements
- Increased productivity quotients
- Shift in focus to developing innovative techniques from running day-to-day operations.
- Substantial risk reduction
- Rising levels of satisfaction within the business stakeholder community
- Easier access to skilled manpower to power up or scale down depending on what the business demands.
RIM has proven to be immensely successful when it comes to cutting costs, spiking up efficiency, and vastly enhancing customer experience. The process of RIM includes monitoring and managing networks remotely, database administration, desktop and server administration, and security applications.
Evolution of RIM
There are several contributing factors to the evolution of remote infrastructure management. The most obvious one is the primary need various industrial sectors had for a management system that was more efficient, cost effective, and convenient to run.
RIM started out with basic tools designed for specific device management. However over the past decade, it has included a variety of IT services that provide comprehensive administration of a customer’s complete IT requirements.
With more and more technology firms opting RIM, there has been a virtual whirlpool of resources being poured and changes being made for its development and advancement. These include:
How Does It Benefit Clients
The technological and financial advantages that RIM provides to its customers are manifold. It provides both direct and indirect financial advantages. They include:
Why Adopt RIM
RIM is today more than just a positive trend. It is regarded as the primary requirement for any industrial sector looking at a healthy growth rate and global expansion. As a technology business owner, you need to exercise caution while hiring an RIM service provider. The service provider needs to have specific and extensive experience and expertise in controlling day to day IT operations such as server monitoring, workstation management, and network device administration.