LinkedIn is a great platform to network with other people and find jobs, opportunities, etc. Knowing how LinkedIn works for business is crucial to making full use of its features.
Linked is a social network that lets you create a meaningful web of connections. It operates from the business perspective, rather than the consumer perspective, and is notable for being the world’s largest professional network on the Internet. LinkedIn allows registered members to create and share professional connections with other members of the network, publish updates that can be shared with other members, and view other members’ profiles.
Here we will discuss more about LinkedIn and how you can use LinkedIn for business growth.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a professional social network owned by Microsoft and launched in 2003. It currently has over 700 million members and is the most widely used social media platform among Fortune 500 companies.
Much like on other social networking sites like Facebook, you can join groups, follow companies and people, and post status updates. The key difference is that it is professional and is focused on professional networking, job searching, and business connections.
There are two types of LinkedIn accounts: one is a personal account and the other is a company account. A personal account can be used to find jobs and connect with potential employers while a company account can be used to find and engage with potential business leads and employees.
LinkedIn is also great for finding people with similar interest in your field. LinkedIn members use the site to exchange information, ideas, and opportunities. The site has many features including:
- The ability to create, manage and view a professional profile.
- The ability to search for jobs, internships and business opportunities.
- The ability to view news related to your professional industry.
LinkedIn Premium’s features are a good option for professionals who want to enhance their LinkedIn experience for a monthly fee. It also gives you access to additional features, including professional development classes and instant messaging to any LinkedIn member.
How to grow your business using LinkedIn?
A good LinkedIn profile can help you promote your business. We have listed the best strategies your business can use to make the most of LinkedIn and reach potential clients.
- Create a compelling company profile – Your company profile tells a lot about your business. While creating the profile ensure that it contains information about what your company is doing, how long it has been working, etc. Write a short but compelling business description and overview. Include your company logo and banner images on your LinkedIn company page so that other members can easily identify your company when searching for it.
- Provide information about your products or services – Design a product page that is different from the company’s homepage, and target the company’s products or services or specific industries. In this way, you can explain your service areas in detail.
- Use LinkedIn groups – Create your own LinkedIn group in your industry and also join existing groups. Groups can help you establish your authority in the industry. You can send messages directly to the inboxes of group members and increase engagement.
- Publishing articles – Write articles on LinkedIn’s Pulse publishing platform and share your content on company pages. Pulse is a powerful but easy-to-use tool that greatly increases your business reach.
- Collect recommendations – Get the most out of the recommendation feature by regularly asking customers to provide testimonials. Your profile will display these recommendations forever, serving as a great tool for proving quality.
- Use LinkedIn Ads – LinkedIn DirectAds makes it simple to launch targeted campaigns. A wide range of options are available to you for targeting ads, such as location, job title, company size, gender, and age.
LinkedIn has many resources to help you make the most of your exposure on this platform. If you’re not active on LinkedIn, you’re missing out on potential leads and opportunities to grow your business. Through LinkedIn, you can grow your network, find customers, and build a professional reputation for your business.
Interested in building up your network on LinkedIn? Contact SBL. Our team will be happy to discuss your unique business needs and provide you with a tailored strategy for increasing your brand’s visibility on LinkedIn.