Would you spend your effort in analysis of actionable data readily available? Or would you devote time and effort in the actual collection of data? Obviously the former, right?
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), referred as Drone is the Man Friday in this process of collecting crucial information that organizations rely on. Drone is the next big thing in surveying technology.
Especially in small area surveys such as mining, agriculture and military operations, UAVs are huge time savers, cost effective and have largely reduced the risk element involved in these fields. Organizations are saving money spent on resources and infrastructure while simultaneously garnering unique and powerful insights with the help of drones. UAVs are commonly used these days in communication, agriculture, remote sensing and transportation.
Some of the benefits of deploying drones in different industries are:
- It reduces manual effort as it does not require a qualified operator
- It is safe, easy to use and ideal for being on the move
- It provides accurate results with little investment
- It discharges high quality pictures through high end cameras and laser scanners
- It assures safety as it does away with the human component
- It can stay up in the air for long duration performing repetitive but precise tasks
- It can function in fog, darkness and autonomously as well
From informing the farmer on where to spray fertilizers to assessing the extent of damage after a natural disaster, drones can be very handy. Still a nascent development, drones are certainly going to fly higher!