The cloud computing industry is moving at a lightning speed and making deep inroads in all business activities. Here are some exciting cloud computing trends to look out for in the year 2020 and beyond.
Cloud computing is becoming common and is being increasingly used by both businesses and individuals. Google Drive, Gmail, Facebook, and Instagram are a few examples of cloud computing that people use without being aware of the amazing technology behind it.
And how does the business use cloud computing? The internet boom and big data have been creating a pressing need to store data in platforms other than the in-house servers. Cloud computing provides a virtual office where organizations can store data securely and allow the stakeholders to connect from anywhere. Investing in cloud computing provides businesses with many advantages such as higher revenue, lower operating costs, flexible processes, increased visibility, better customer service, and improved overall efficiency.
Cloud computing is finding acceptance across all major industries. Research shows that organizations run 79% of their workload in a cloud-based environment. The trend is expected to continue and we can expect more advancement by embedding the latest technologies such as IoT, artificial intelligence, and blockchain.
Emerging trends in cloud computing in the year 2020 and beyond
A good insight into the exciting future trends in cloud computing can help you leverage the technology better in your business.
- Transition to omni-cloud solutions – Business would require multiple cloud service providers to help them conduct their operations smoothly. This provides them with the capability to meet all internal and customer demands without any interruptions and reduces the dependency on a single cloud platform. This approach is known as omni-cloud and helps businesses enjoy higher connectivity compared to the multi-cloud environment.
- SaaS transforms into Intelligent SaaS – Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) will mark further developments by including artificial intelligence and provide additional capabilities. The shift to intelligent SaaS is expected to create real-time data generation and offer deeper analytical insights about the customers and industry. It also supports higher automation levels within the business.
- Personalized cloud experience – Companies require customized solutions to meet their industry-specific business needs. The need for personalization becomes even more significant if they are using a multi-cloud or hybrid approach. Businesses want to share data with their stakeholders and might need to provide personalized information to the audience. This capability can help them decide the information that specific stakeholders should view.
- Increased demand for Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service – Downtimes and data breaches are costly affairs that companies are intensely trying to reduce. They need high-level disaster recovery strategies to reduce the compliance risks and cost of downtime. With more organizations looking for Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service, the market is expected to reach $4.5 billion in 2020 and grow by 15.4% through 2023.
- Growth of blockchain technology – Cloud computing can connect to blockchain technology and offer businesses with in-depth insights about the events that took place during a product’s delivery time. This can result in significant cost savings and faster preventive actions.
- Increased emphasis on cloud security – Security breach could bring serious legal actions and penalties. Companies require higher levels of cloud security to prevent such scenarios. Cloud companies have to improve their security measures to protect cloud-based systems and data. Cloud backup also helps to protect the data from external threats.
Cloud computing is here to stay and assist businesses with unparalleled technical capabilities. These future trends in cloud computing would assist in enhancing digital transformation and help organizations increase their competitive advantage.
SBL is the industry leader in providing affordable cloud computing solutions clients spread across various domains. We provide highly secure flexible cloud platforms for your business to function without interruptions.
Contact us for the best cloud computing services in the industry.