The dynamic business environment makes talent acquisition a tough task. Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) can resolve the staffing challenges and bring the best talent into the workforce. The key benefits of RPO are discussed below.
Employees are the biggest asset of an organization. The right talent is mandatory for an organization to spread its wings and reach its maximum potential. The prime determinant for the quality of the workforce in an organization is the recruitment process.
Higher mobility of labor and the competitive business environment is making recruitment a complex function. Companies need to find innovative strategies to attract the best talent and reduce attrition. A strategic approach to the process brings the right candidates who are likely to stay longer, reduce the attrition rate, and contribute positively to the organization.
Outsourcing could be the right solution to simplify the recruitment process and enhance its efficiency. RPO services go beyond staffing and include screening, background checks, onboarding, and exit interview whereby companies can streamline their HR functions and eliminate redundant tasks.
What is the recruitment process outsourcing?
Recruitment process outsourcing is a business model where the company outsources the whole or part of its recruitment function to a third-party service provider to achieve efficiency, scalability, and reduced cost. The third-party vendor takes the responsibility of placing the right talent in the organization. They offer a customized approach to the companies and ensure that the open positions are filled efficiently and quickly.
How does the recruitment process outsourcing work?
A recruitment process outsourcing company handles the entire recruitment life cycle in a well-defined manner. Once you provide them the details of the open positions, they would want further discussions with the hiring manager for a clear insight into the requirement and the work culture.
They will start the process by sourcing the candidates through multiple channels like job boards, social media sites, referrals, and headhunting. The RPO company takes care of writing the best job description and promoting it for maximum exposure.
You can leave the pre-screening also to the RPO companies. They will conduct the initial assessment and forward the shortlisted candidate details to you. Further, they also coordinate throughout the process by scheduling interviews, discussing the offer, and ensuring that the candidate joins the company.
Many RPO companies assist in the background and reference checks and the onboarding process.
Why should you outsource the recruitment process?
The benefits of recruitment process outsourcing extend from reduced time-to-hire, cost of hiring, to improve the quality and scalability of the recruitment process. Here is a detail of the advantages you gain from outsourcing your recruitment process.
- Access to diverse talent pool – The RPO companies have an extensive database of active and passive candidates and give you an attractive talent pool to choose from. They provide you a global reach and easy global reach through their affiliates and make it easy to select the right candidate.
- Reduces the hiring time – The RPO companies are specialists in their niche. They have the right means to source candidates quickly from the market. RPO service providers use the best strategies to attract talent, coordinate with their partners in the market, and ensure that you get the right quality in the shortest time.
- Scalability – The staffing demand fluctuates with the business cycles. Companies find it difficult to increase the size of in house recruitment team during peak hiring sessions. RPO companies offer the advantage of scalability. This model offers access to the skilled recruitment team of the RPO company and allows us to increase or decrease the volume of hiring without compromising efficiency.
- Employer branding – The human resource department may not always have the right expertise to ensure employer branding during recruitment. RPO model improves employer branding by leveraging on the vast experience of the service provider. Throughout the recruitment cycle, they ensure a positive employer branding by delivering a consistent message across all platforms and communicating the company’s vision accurately to the candidates.
- Reduces cost – An in-house recruitment is expensive and also reduces scalability. Alongside the team, companies also need to invest in job portals and job ads. Outsourcing the recruitment process reduces the need for an in-house team and saves the salary and training expenses. RPO also brings down the indirect cost due to the poor quality of candidates and high turnover.
Improving the recruitment process gives you the advantage of having the right talent at the right time and drive organizational productivity. RPO companies are your ideal partners in talent acquisition and bring speed, efficiencies, and low-cost advantage to the process. They manage the entire cycle and allow you to focus on the core human resource activities.
SBL, with its skilled team of manpower consultants, can enhance the efficiency of your recruitment process. We adopt the right strategy for your business needs and ensure that you have access to the best talent in the industry. Contact us to know more about our RPO services.