At SBL, we are proud to be celebrating the tenth anniversary of our involvement in India’s Environment Protection Initiative. Originally set up in support of national projects, it has since grown into the starting point for all our international project standards. This journey has been recognised and audited on numerous occasions, through our multiple ISO and Six Sigma Accreditations and our Associations with major international Partners and Organisations.
As a direct result of this initiative we now lead on state-wide government projects that have environment protection at their heart. In the last few months alone these have included:
Digitization & Archival Management
- Digitizing the State of Kerala’s Legislative Assembly proceedings since 1888.
- Digitizing and archiving old newspapers for Kerala Media Academy.
- e-Vidhan project for the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Environmental considerations included:
- Drastically reduce paper used to almost zero
- Save over 6,000 trees supplying oxygen to over 12,000 people
- Saving over Rs.10-15 Cr. on paper and printing costs
- Deliver an online app for remote attendance dramatically reducing travel expenses and carbon emissions
- Deliver a sustainable online portal which not only makes the process more efficient, with better decision making and outcomes, but which also dramatically reduces duplicated work and waste.
- BIM for Smart Cities
- Environment and forestry planning and suatainability.
- Groundwater analysis and flood modelling.
- Agriculture management and productivity.
- Mining and Corporate Responsibility.
- Site suitability analysis for solar, wind and thermal.
This anniversary coincides with the re-launch of our Group Mission, Vision and Values. Much has changed in ten years and we have updated our company policies to reflect the increased opportunities to forge global partnerships. Our core values of integrity, trust, accountability, innovation, teamwork and leadership underpin our commitment to operate in a sustainable, transparent and collaborative manner at all times. The inspiration for our Mission and Vision encapsulates this corporate responsibility:
“Our worth is not measured by our look, popularity and money we amass. Our true worth would be measured by the benefits others gain out of our success and the positive impact we create to human life”. – Lord Shirdi Sai
Over the next ten years we hope to expand significantly the number of clients for whom we operate a dedicated team throughout the year. This creates efficiencies and economies of scale while also allowing for more effective forward planning, project standardisation and teamwork based on collaborative innovation. These benefits in turn lead to less waste, greater productivity, an engaged and fulfilled work force on both sides of the partnership and a shared vision of how to develop and deliver a sustainable future together.
If you would like to explore how an association with SBL can benefit your business practices please contact firstname.lastname@example.org