The right product placement strategy is significant to increase the conversions of your eCommerce website. Here is an insight into the essential elements of product placement for developing a winning eCommerce page.
An eCommerce website delivers a strong impact only when you position the products accurately and follow the best practices of product placement strategy. The clever arrangement of the products will direct the customer’s attention to its attractive features and psychologically coax them into buying from your online store.
Let’s understand the meaning of product placement?
Product placement encompasses all activities related to entering accurate product details and ensuring the right categorization of the products. The product details entered include product description, size, price, other dimensions, and the availability of the product.
By following a standard and well-defined product placement procedure, you can avoid mismatches when the customer searches for a product. The search function and the filter criteria would display the right products and provide your customers with a better navigation experience.
How product placement strategy can increase the conversions of your eCommerce store?
Ensure that the below elements are optimized to display the product details accurately and deliver the right message.
- Product name – The product is introduced to the customer through the name. Select the name to reflect the product accurately. The name should include important details like the type of the product and its USP. Follow the same pattern for all the products on the website to provide consistency.
- Category placement – The product should be placed in the right category. Jewellery should be placed in the accessories section while jeans should be placed in the apparel section. Certain products might belong to multiple categories. For example, you can place jewelry under both ‘fashion’ and ‘contemporary’. You should be careful not to mix up the categories since this would affect the display of the search results.
- Product description – Many eCommerce sites neglect the product description section. However, the content that accompanies the image plays a vital role in creating the right impression in the customer’s mind. Create compelling product descriptions that resonate with the brand image and sell the product to the customer. The product descriptions are also an opportunity to place the keywords and optimize the page for SEO.
- Related products, upsells, and cross-sells – These sections are also significant to increase the conversions. You should select the right related products section to leverage the benefits of upselling or cross-selling.
- Keywords and meta description – The keywords you select for the product page should be relevant and have traffic volume. Optimize the product pages for the keywords and if possible include them in the meta description, meta title, and meta tag. Writing accurate meta descriptions and finding the right meta title and meta tag is also important to enhance the search visibility of your eCommerce store.
Image positioning tips to place the product images correctly
Here are some pointers to help you with your eCommerce product page optimization.
- Place them in the right space – The images should appear in the portion that the customer notices immediately when the page loads. Usually, the customer’s attention runs to the top section. So it would be ideal to place the best images on the top.
- Image alignment – The alignment can vary for different products. Accessories like jewelry or footwear might look great if aligned to the bottom while apparels should be aligned top to bottom.
- Width and height of the image – While placing the image you should also decide on the size of the image. The image element has height and width attributes to help you set the image size in pixels, points, centimeters, or inches. It is always advised to reduce the size of the images for enhancing the page loading speed. You can also try image editing techniques like cropping to rescue the file size. Ecommerce platforms also have certain guidelines on the acceptable image size. So, check the size accepted in your platform before you set the height and width.
Alignment controls how the image appears on the webpage. You can achieve the desired result using the alignment and placement attributes. The align attribute allows you to set the values to specify the alignment of the image on the screen. The values of this attribute are left, right, current, and center. The placement attribute decides the positioning of the image relative to the other elements on the screen. You can use an inline attribute to display the image as a part of the product description. The break attribute helps to place the image separately by leaving space above and below.
When product images are strategically placed in an eCommerce store it can create an ideal shopping environment for your customers. The product images should have an attractive name and description. Review the arrangement of the photos on your website and fix the errors in alignment, width, height, and placement. Ensure that the images are of an optimal size for faster loading speed. You must also edit the images to enhance the attractiveness of the products.
SBL has an expert team with vast experience in handling product placement and image editing for eCommerce product pages. We offer a delightful combination of technological excellence and unlimited creativity to provide the right image placement, unique product names, and attractive image designs. Our advantage comes from the wide exposure to the popular eCommerce platforms such as Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce. With SBL you get the dual advantage of high-quality image editing and superior product placement at competitive rates.
Contact our image editing division to get the best quote for your eCommerce image placement requirement.