Managing paper based records is one of the largest overheads for any organization, draining time, effort, resources and money. Naturally, a shift to digital records management system is what organizations are signing up for. However, this transition is never easy. Without the resources, knowledge of technology and tools, organizations are at sea. Also, there are organizations out there who have implemented the Document Management systems but don’t have a clue of utilizing them effectively.
In a nutshell, the application needs to address the pain points of an organization managing its paperwork but also take into consideration the usability pattern of the employees in the organization. It is wise to invest time and money in seeking the right partner who can holistically manage your data, electronically sake keep them for ready access and action. But before you embark on this transformational journey with a potential Records and Information (RIM) partner, it helps to address key factors such as the below.
Can your RIM partner offer the following?
- Will they assure services that match the unique needs of your organization?
- Will they understand how much of outsourcing you plan to do?
- Will they support both outsourcing and in-house management?
- Will they secure the knowledge assets of your organization ?
- Will they be able to quickly retrieve data for you?
- Are their processes transparent and reliable?
- Are they able to provide a clear roadmap with milestones and timelines?
- Are they able to convince you with client testimonials in similar industry?
Organizations that have not considered these factors have run into problems incurred losses and got entangled in legal controversies.
Choose the right partner who will assess the existing records management processes and recommend a full blown paperless program. This will allow you to focus on critical business objectives, be efficient and environmentally friendly as well.