Is it a good idea to outsource customer service? This article explains the benefits of customer service outsourcing and will help you make the right choice.
Outsourcing is without a doubt a proven business model to increase efficiency, reduce operational costs, and introduce scalability. Organizations outsource their non-core activities such as human resource management, accounting, marketing, research, data entry, and content writing to focus better on the core operations.
How about outsourcing customer service?
If you do not have the required resources and can find better vendors who can handle the task efficiently then customer service outsourcing is probably an ideal choice.
Excellent customer service creates happy customers who are loyal to the company, generates more revenue, and increases referrals. The customer service department has to treat the customers with respect and provide a speedy resolution of issues. This requires investment in skilled support professionals who can make the customers feel valued and respected and also in high-end technology that provides a smooth experience to the customers.
Many organizations are apprehensive about outsourcing customer service since they doubt the quality of service provided by third-party vendors. We should handle customer support with utmost care as it is the connecting point between the company and customers and has a big role in deciding the quality of customer experience. The success of a company depends to a large extent on the repeated customer base, and only quality service can retain the customers in the long run.
Hence, while outsourcing customer service organizations need to weigh the pros and cons carefully and select the right customer support service provider.
Advantages of outsourcing customer service
By outsourcing the customer service you can increase the revenue tremendously. Here are the key benefits that increase profitability.
- Lowers operational costs – Outsourcing is less expensive compared to hiring and training in-house support staff. Apart from this, a call center has many overhead expenses and also requires investment in the best technological infrastructure. Customer support agencies offer flexible business models and reduce staffing burden. You can scale up or down according to the business requirements without incurring additional overhead expenses.
- Round the clock availability – Customers are getting used to 24/7 support service. However, being available round the clock requires a huge investment and needs employees who would work in different time zones. Outsourcing provides competent vendors who have the necessary resources to handle 24/7 support. This increases customer satisfaction and retention rate.
- Multi-lingual support – Companies might have customers spread across different geographies and many instances demand interaction with customers in the local language. It is impossible to handle such scenarios in-house, and outsourcing gives easy access to skilled and multilingual support staff who are familiar with the local culture of a region.
- Access to better technology – Customer support agencies have the best technology and resources to meet industry standards. You can leverage the technological advantage by partnering with skilled vendors.
- Shortens the response time – Outsourcing gives more staff at reduced cost and access to the best technology. The vendor can handle a higher volume than what is possible in-house. It also reduces response times and provides high-quality service to the customers.
- Focus on the core competencies – When you outsource the customer service you can use the freed-up resources to focus on product development and other core activities. It reduces the stress on the employees and accelerates the development of innovative products.
Outsourcing customer servicehas many substantial benefits in terms of cost reduction and revenue generation. It allows you to provide high standards of customer service without incurring any additional investments.
The quality of customer service is a prime determinant of customer satisfaction and brand reputation. Ensure that you partner only with reputed customer support service providers who have vast experience and proven track record of successful projects.
SBL’s Customer Service BPO offers excellence, affordability, and scalability to your customer support process. With over a decade of expertise in the BPO industry, we have emerged as market leaders and are the first choice for numerous clients worldwide.
Let us know your requirements. We would be happy to offer you the best service and deals.