Shimla, 30 March 2015
Yet another proud moment for SBL’s technology division. Being India’s first paperless legislative assembly, the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha launched another technological initiative inline with the e-Vidhan project. A mobile app, to equip MLAs and ministers with information on their android phones and tablets to facilitate smart-working is launched on 30th of March 2015..
e-Vidhan mobile app provides all necessary information about the day’s business to the Legislative Members & journalists. The information can be accessed by MLA’s 45 minutes before the question hours on android devices. MLAs will be provided the information of the entire proceedings of the House in the digital form on their mobile sets and tablets immediately after end of the day’s work.
Shri.Virbhadra Singh, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh had launched the e-Vidhan mobile application for Legislative Members on 30 March 2015.
On the keynote speech Speaker Shri.B B L Butail, highlighted the cost and time saving features of the e-Vidhan mobile App and appreciated the efforts by Himachal PradeshVidhan Sabha, Himachal Pradesh Government, NIC, NICSI & SBL in the success of e-Vidhan Project.
Key features of Mobile App
- Information about the day’s business can be accessed by the MLA’s 45 minutes before the question hours.
- The bills introduced or laid for discussion will also be made available to the members.
- The reports laid in the house by the committees, information about government notification, budget speech and salary and perks’ drawn by members could be view on the apps.
- It will give notifications of the Vidhan Sabha’s press releases, bulletins, budget speeches, documents and the bills tabled in the House.
- The ministers who have to reply to the House, can seek supplementary replies on their mobiles from the administrative secretaries.
- Ref: Page no-35