The ongoing pandemic is bringing to the forefront the importance of agility for maintaining business continuity. Business process management services should follow a resilient plan and process to manage the disruptions of COVID-19 and provide business continuity. We have enumerated a few strategies that could help you function without interruptions during this pandemic.
The onset and spread of COVID-19 were so rapid that it shook the world to the core. Even though clueless initially, the business has been quick to respond. Business process management companies had a better vision of the need to be agile and responsive to survival. The need for efficient management of the entire process is high at the moment as the tension and risk are running at its peak in the business environment.
The business disruptions across the world because of COVID-19 have no parallel in recent history. All business process functions from finance to human resources, sales, marketing, and customer support have been impacted drastically. The ongoing pandemic is teaching the business process management companies the need to introduce robust and resilient models to enable services without disruptions.
Today many businesses operate in a technologically advanced environment adapting full-scale digital transformation. Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Analytics are in use in most business environments to support the COVID-19 crisis by providing the ability to shift smoothly to a virtual business environment.
Read on to get an insight into the business process management techniques that can help you adapt to the pandemic and continue business as usual.
Strategies to adapt your business process management techniques to unexpected pandemics
You should focus on designing a business process management life cycle to mitigate any sudden shocks that might happen if a pandemic worsens. Hence, adaptability is the key to survival.
- Assess the risk – Get a clear vision of your business priorities during the situation. The pandemic could cause a shift in your business goals in response to the changing economic landscape. Before devising the business process management techniques, assess the current business risks so that you can plan considering the potential threats of the pandemic. It requires a detailed analysis of the internal and external threats to prioritize the data and processes that require immediate attention during a disaster. This exercise will help you come to an informed decision on major and minor business risks.
- Upgrade the technology – Pandemics like COVID-19 might bring the need for a unique set of technology to meet the requirements of switching to virtual mode. You have to facilitate an uninterrupted work environment for your virtual team. This requires investment in the latest communication and collaboration technologies like video conferencing or productivity tools. You should consider time tracking or team building software to ensure productivity while the team works remotely. It is also important to create an environment that has the capacity and backup plans to meet any technological malfunctioning as going virtual creates a total dependency on technology.
- Active and transparent communication– This should be your priority in business process management techniques during any pandemic.
- Active communication and transparent communication are essential to developing strong and lasting relationships with the clients during the crisis
- Regular internal communication is also vital to maintain employee engagement and productivity. Ensure that the employees clearly understand the changing business strategies.
- Empathy should be the predominant tone in any communication to infuse trust across the organization and among the stakeholders.
- Frequent updates on the policies and procedures implemented in response to the pandemic and the safety measures at the workplace are vital to building confidence in your organization.
- Accurate documentation – Have step-by-step documentation of the procedures in your business process management life cycle. This makes your company procedures process-oriented than people-oriented. Any crisis with the virtual team or any manpower replacements because of the pandemic will not affect the continuity of the process. BPM services should have a detailed day-to-day procedure that covers quarantines and sick leaves.
- Agile leadership – A strong leadership that can motivate and brings positivity into the organization is highly essential to pull the business successfully out of the crisis. Leadership needs to resilient, innovative, and empathetic to engage the stakeholders in the evolving business goals and objectives.
Introducing agility in your business process management life cycle will ensure that you are equipped to deal with crises like COVID-19. Disasters should not disrupt business processes. Let’s consider the invaluable lessons of this pandemic and plan for processes and procedures that can function uninterrupted during any natural or man-made disasters. Business process management services should have risk management capabilities and introduce back up actions that can survive volatilities.
SBL is an industry expert in providing the best business process management techniques to survive the disruptions due to such pandemic. Get in touch with us to ensure that your business continues uninterrupted and is equipped to deal with any sudden disasters. We offer cost-effective and scalable solutions to meet any volume of business process requirements.