It is important that you always use high-quality product photos for your company because low-quality photos impact the brand image. In this article, we will introduce you to the important aspects of a great product photo.
Good product photography can boost buyer confidence, resulting in higher sales and fewer returns over the long run. Product images should convey an in-store experience and put a buyer in direct contact with the product so that they can explore it as if they are in a real store. High-quality images can boost the appeal of e-commerce stores and retailers to the audience and lead to conversions.
If your store is not registering many sales, perhaps the photos shown are the reason.
An online store must have product photos that are top-notch. Customers can’t touch, hold, or test your product, so you have to make sure they see the right image. The best way to convey this message is through high-quality photos.
Important facts to consider while taking product photos
So, what makes a great product photo?
Anyone can take photos of the product, but to make it look great we have to focus on the essential elements of photography. To create attractive product photos for your website, you must work on these elements.
- Context – The context plays a crucial role in photography. You must be able to convey the location and purpose of the photography without explanation to the audience. There are many contexts that shape the perception of a photo, including its medium of publication or display, the objects featured in the photo, and the context provided by the photographer.
You can create emphasis the context by using a shallow depth of field. Identify the areas where light is most noticeable. In order to avoid distracting the audience from the main subject, you should make sure you have control over the light in your photo
- Close-up Shots – The close-up shot, also known as in technology, allows you to see objects in a whole new way. You’ll see new details when you zoom in. Close-ups indicate that something important is being portrayed. Taking close-up photographs allows you to capture more details, such as bees on a flower. The close-up shot is a picture that shows the viewer more details, allowing them to see the object more clearly
- Surroundings – Good product photos can make a product look attractive and show it clearly. This is accomplished by photographing the product as realistically as possible. All product details are accurately reproduced, and you should ensure that the photographs are free of lens distortion. The first step in good photography is choosing the right camera settings. Setting the best parameters for product photography will vary depending on the situation, but there are some general guidelines to follow. For example, using white backgrounds are great for making products stand out. Similarly, you should also consider the other elements to ensure that the appearance of the subject is enhanced in the photo
- Details Matter – Often, professional photography is characterized by sharpness, clarity, and even a degree of boldness. In addition to having a good camera, basic comprehension of the purpose of the photo is paramount. In the first place, a detail shot can be any image of any subject whose overall size is less than or equal to that of a general image. Detail shots show the details of a situation and focus on relatively small details. Details of a subject may be over looked if they are not highlighted in a detail shot. Composition techniques can, however, be used to emphasize important details
- Photo Editing and Retouch – Photo editing is the process of modifying an image with the help of photo editing tools. There are many adjustments that can be made in regards to lighting such as framing, straightening, exposure, contrast, and white balance. The changes result in a beautiful, clean photo that will suit the business’ needs. Retouching photos involves not only the editing process, but also the addition of certain effects to create an artistic feel. This process involves more than just basic photo editing. If you are taking a portrait, you may need to use additional tools to make the skin look smoother and free of wrinkles. Most processes require a long time to complete.
Taking photographs is not just a matter of arranging objects for the camera, but it also involves obtaining fascinating photographs by using the right techniques. However, you should focus on your core business and not on the nitty-gritty of image editing. Hence, outsourcing the task to professional image editing companies is the ideal way to obtain the best product pictures for your website.
If you need product photos that will make a great first impression, we can deliver the best quality.
SBL has extensive experience in the field of image editing and photo retouching. We are a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing the best image editing services to our clients with minimum turnaround time.
Get in touch with our Image editing division to know more.