Importance of planning digitization & archival process.
It’s true that digitization of records helps organizations in reducing/eliminating the amount of paper documents handled and increase the life of critical records/documents which helps in decision making.
Organizations so often decide to digitize the records without giving any thought to the issues that need to be considered/addressed before the digitization process.With over 10 years of experience in
digitizing millions of record, SBL takes a small step to run across the major items need to be considered while digitizing the records.
Define the targeted end result through digitizing the records
- Disaster recovery through digital archival
- Improved access through better search and retrieval
- Reduce the cost in preserving the documents & saving shelf space
- Improved & streamlined work flow
Define the access to the documents
- Who will access the document
- How often the records will be accessed
- How will the user access the document
- How many users will access the documents
- Geographic locations where the access need to be provided
Plan Digitization budget – including the following
- Document preparation
- Document scanning / image capturing
- The archival management software budget/DMS Software
- Indexing the document
- Hardware and software implementation & maintenance
- – Document Experts
Apart from these the organization need to define the point of contacts- Defining the point of contactfor digitization & migration process, and the infrastructure for storage and backup of digitized documents.
Click to know more about
SBL’s capability in Digitization and Archival management