VR is revolutionizing several fields and impacting our lives in many ways. Healthcare, real estate, education, entertainment, tourism, sports, manufacturing, retail and military are all witnessing its effects. Some of VR’s influence listed below:
- Entertainment: Movie buffs can now get an immersive experience with the help of VR and special apps. In fact they can get the feel of being inside the movie itself with imagery and sound effects surrounding them.
- Tourism: An interesting dimension to VR is that people’s travel bug is satiated pretty easily, with VR transporting them to exotic locations in a matter of minutes.
- Healthcare: VR has been a tremendous help in the field of medicine as it provides images, simulations and models to diagnose diseases and aid the treatment.
- Automotive: Car conglomerates have made VR central to several of their functions, and now employees can wear VR headset and inspect a car in the making from all sides.
- Shopping: Shoppers can now upgrade their online shopping with a real time experience along with friends. A headset and an app coming together to provide a 360 degree view of the store and product.
- Law: VR comes to the rescue of enforcing law and catching culprits, as jurors can now view crime scenes in 3D and better understand what transpired at the scene of crime.
The future holds numerous possibilities, as with a VR headset every industry is thinking up novel ways of providing immersive experiences to both customers and employees.